* 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
* 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
* 1 teaspoon mustard powder
* 2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
* 2 lemons
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Combine the seasoning, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder and black pepper; set aside. Rinse the chicken thoroughly, and remove the giblets. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the spice mixture inside the chicken. Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the chicken.
3. Squeeze the juice of the 2 lemons into a small bowl or cup, and mix with the olive oil. Drizzle this oil/juice mixture over the chicken.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until juices run clear, basting several times with the remaining oil mixture.
** COOK'S NOTE: I like to stick a stalk of celery in my chicken to make it more moist. Also I loosen the skin of my chicken with my fingers and instead of rubbing the spice on the outside I rub it in between the chicken and it's skin.